Stress Analysis on Industrial Pipelines
Alternative fuels for I.C. Engines.
Solid Mechanics, Fracture Mechanics, Principles of Combustion, Renewable Energy.
Faculty Advisor, B. Tech. third and fourth semester
Departmental representative, institute time-table committee.
Coordinator, M. Tech. time talble of Mechanical Engineering Department.
Coordinator , sixth and seventh semsester B.Tech. Industrial Project and Seminar.
Principal Investigator of AICTE sponsored RPS project no. 8023/RID/RPS/27/11/12.
Dr. Sushovan Chatterjee had done both of his graduation and post-graduation [Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (with Honors) and Master of Mechanical Engineering (with specialization in Applied Mechanics)] from Jadavpur University, Kolkata and afterward his PhD degree from IIT Guwahati.
1. October 1997 to December 1998 -worked in Quality Assurance Department of Siemens Limited, Joka Works, Calcutta; involved in inspection of incoming materials, Quality Management System
2. September 1999 to July 2003- worked as Drawing Instructor at RCC Institute of Information Technology, Kolkata, taught Mechanical Science and Engineering Graphics to B.Tech. students.
3. July 2003 to November 2003- Worked as Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering Department, B.P. Poddar Institute of Management and Technology, Kolkata.
4. February 2004 to July 2005- Worked as Technical Assistant in the Department of Applied Mechanics and Drawing, Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Howrah.
5. December 2007 to July 2008- Worked as Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering Department of SRSV Suri, Birbhum; under the Department of Technical Education and Training, Government of West Bengal.
6. July 2008 to till date- presently working as Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering Department, National Institute of Technology Silchar, Assam.
Some Other Experiences:
1. During January 1999 to August 1999, worked as a trainee at Mechanical Technology Control Cell, Development Consultant Limited, Park Street, Kolkata. During this period, gained practical exposures on preparation and rectification of piping layout, P&I diagram, G.A. Drawing, etc.
2. During June 2000 to July 2005, worked as honorary part-time faculty at Ramakrishna Mission Junior Technical School, Narendrapur. During this period, conducted class lectures of Basic Trade Theory, Workshop Calculation and Science and Special Trade Theory classes of Higher Secondary Vocational Stream and Technical Trade Courses
International Level :
1.‘Silk-cocoon matrix immobilized lipase catalyzed transesterification of sunflower oil for production of biodiesel’, under review.
2. Presented paper entitled ‘Breathing crack in beam and cantilever using contact model dynamic analysis – a study’ in International Conference on Wisdom Computing and Communications (WCAC 2011) on November 17, 2011, at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. This paper had been published in the International Journal of Wisdom Based Computing (IJWBC) Volume 1(3): 39-42. December 2011.
3.‘Silk-fiber immobilized lipase-catalyzed hydrolysis of emulsified sunflower oil’, Journal of Applied Biochemistry & Biotechnology. (2009) 157(3): 593-600.
4.‘Recent Inventions in Biodiesel Production and Processing- A Review’, Journal of Recent Patent on Engineering (2008) 2: 47-58.
5. Honored for the best presentation in International conference on ‘Biofuel Vision 2015’ for presenting paper entitled ‘Purification, immobilization and application of a Pseudomonas lipase for transesterification of lipid for production of biodiesel from vegetable oil’ at Engineering College Bikaner on October 15, 2006. (This news appeared in newspaper ‘The Hindu’ October 16, 2006; page 3).
1. Presented paper entitled ‘Occasional Loads on Pipes’ in 12th National Conference on Machines and Mechanism (NaCoMM) held at IIT Guwahati (December 2005).
2. Presented paper entitled ‘Viability study of microbial lipid as an alternative fuel in Diesel engine’ in 1st Students Chemical Engineering Congress (SCHEMCON) held at IIT Guwahati (December 2005).
3. Presented paper entitled ‘Some aspects of biodiesel production from Jatropha oil by lipase catalysed transesterification’ in 22nd National Convention of Mechanical Engineers held at Assam State Centre of The Institute of Engineers (India), Guwahati (September 2006).
4. Presented paper entitled ‘Effect of Seismic and Other Occasional Loads on Industrial Pipelines’ in National Seminar on Earthquake Hazard and Disaster Management of North-Eastern States of India held at NIT Silchar (October 2008).
5. Presented paper entitled ‘Two different roles of lipase in multi-step biodiesel processing: Newer challenges in immobilization methodologies’ in National conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering at, MIT Aurangabad (March 2009).
6. Honored for the best presentation in Design Section of Technical Session in National conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering (ETME 2009) at Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT) Aurangabad for presenting paper entitled ‘Overview of some occasional loads on industrial pipelines-some studies’ (March 2009).
7. Presented paper entitled ‘Design of a bench-scale Bio-catalytic Transesterification set-up- a preview’ in National Conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering held at G.H. Patel College of Engineering and Technology, Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat (March 2009)
1. Presented paper entitled “Seismic Analysis on Industrial Piping” in 12th West Bengal Science and Technology Congress, February 2005. (Held at West Bengal University of Technology, Saltlake, Kolkata)
2. Presented paper entitled “Viability of Microbial Lipid as an alternative fuel for C.I. engine” in 13th West Bengal Science and Technology Congress, March 2006. (Held at Ballygaunge Science College, Kolkata).
“Purification, immobilization and application of a Pseudomonas lipase for transesterification of lipid” by Sushovan Chatterjee et al. Chapter 4, page 33-42 in “Biodiesel Production Technologies”. 1st ed. Jaipur, Pointer publishers. (2007) ISBN: 978- 81-7132-517-7.