National Institute of Technology (NIT) Silchar, an Institute of National importance under the NIT act was established in 1967 as Regional Engineering College (REC) Silchar in Assam. In the year 2002, it was upgraded to the status of NIT. It is situated on the banks of Barak river; with a sprawling campus spread over 600 acres of land on the outskirts of Silchar. It is surrounded by beautiful lakes & hillocks. At present it offers six undergraduate & eighteen postgraduate programmes. Most of the programmes are NBA accredited. Various research & development activities undertaken by the institute put the students on busy schedules enabling them to get molded as per the modern industrial requirements.
Last date for
|Context||Old Dates||New Dates|
|Submission of Proposal :||25.11.2018||03.01.2019|
|Announcement of Shortlisted Projects :||30.11.2018||08.01.2019|
UG, PG, & PhD students of NIT Silchar.
UG / PG : ₹ 500
PhD / JRF / SRF : ₹ 500
• To identify young talents with research aptitude and interest to take up research as a career option
• To promote the talent in research throughout the country.
• To nurture the talent through specialized training and education in some of the nationally and internationally reputed premier institutions of higher learning in the country.
• To augment financial and physical resources through collaboration with different sponsors for supporting education and training of the young researchers.
• To provide proper incentives to enhance the skill of potential students.
• To initiate an intensive research culture in a selected group of institutions.
Bharat Ratna Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Learning Resource Center
HPC- High Performance Computing facility
Solar Regional Test Center
RPC- Research Promotion Cell
300 KW Solar Power Plant
13 NBA Accredited Programmes
Central Instrumentation Facility
Skill Development Programme